Try serving Sardine Dip to your guests as a new appetizer
This Sardine Dip is extremely easy to make. My kids and I often make this dip when we are in a hurry. It’s a lovely and yummy impromptu light lunch or supper, served with some bread and a side salad or soup.
We also prepare this Sardine Dip as an appetizer when we entertain guests. Our friends enjoy this dip, even those who don’t like sardines. Every time our guests are surprised how much they love this dip once they discover it contains sardines. The fish flavor is rather subdued.
If you serve this Sardine Dip as an appetizer, accompany it with some bread or crackers, or a bowl of cut raw vegetables.
Having a couple cans of sardines and some cream cheese on hand in your home will help you when unexpected guests show up at your home or you need a quick light meal on your own.
- 210 g sardines (2 cans of 105 g / 3.5 oz each)
- 200 g cream cheese
- 1 shallot
- 1/3 lemon lemon juice start with this and add more at the end if you like
- parsley to decorate on top
- Mix the sardines (with the olive oil from the cans) and the cream cheese together in a bowl.
- Chop the shallot finely and put 3/4 of it into the bowl. Add the lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning (lemon juice, salt, pepper and/or even shallots).
- Put the dip into a clean bowl, if necessary. Decorate the top with the parsley and the rest of the shallots. Serve with bread/ crackers, fresh vegetables, etc.
- Bon appétit!