Short in time? Looking for new ideas? Is it the end of the month?
This vegan Italian Bean Soup is the answer!
A big pot of vegan Italian Bean Soup will keep you and your family happy for at least 2 days, depending on the size of your family.
Taking only about 30 minutes to prepare, this Italian Bean Soup soon become one of your family’s favorites. Not only is it yummy but it is also healthy and inexpensive, suitable for any household’s budget.
This Italian Bean Soup is also ideal when you are trying to lose weight yet need to eat to maintain your energy. You can eat this soup several times a day for a few days if you are starting a diet or merely want to cleanse your system.
Add a little cayenne pepper, red chile flakes or your favorite hot sauce if you prefer a little heat in your soup.
You really have no excuse for not making this tasty vegan soup. For other recipes for vegan tomato-based soups, follow this link.
Please share your comments below and pass this recipe on to your friends!
Italian Bean Soup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onion
- 2 liters vegetable bouillon or more
- 2 cloves garlic
- 6 carrots
- 250 g string beans / green beans
- 800 g borlotti beans
- 800 g tomato
- 250 g peas
- 2 bay leaves
- 1-2 tsp basil
- 1-2 tsp thyme
- Heat the oil in a pot over a medium flame. Add the onions and cook a few minutes, but don't let them turn brown. Add a little bouillon and cook a couple minutes more.
- Cut off the ends of the string beans / green beans and then cut them in half. Wash the beans in a colander.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, except the peas. Bring to a boil and cook about 5 minutes before adding the peas. Continue to cook for another 5 - 10 minutes (until the vegetables are cooked but still a little firm).
- Serve the soup and enjoy!